This webinar is designed to bring writers and vendors together to improve press coverage of new marine products and boats. The idea for the presentation emerged from a meeting of the BWI Directors where concern was expressed over the high volume of news conferences and product introductions at boat shows making it difficult for writers to participate and glean all they needed from marine manufacturers
Subjects included in the outline of the webinar include:
– The need to keep presentations brief, focused, factual, useful, and if appropriate, quantitative.
– Learning to test the concept from a reader/subscriber perspective and ask, “Is this helpful or interesting?”
– Writer preference for take-away formats – paper releases, flashdrives, or other packaging to best disseminate news.
– The practice of handing out “chotzskies” and if so, what’s appropriate?
– A reminder to focus on video and how to prepare to “be recorded.”
– Honoring appointments and allowing enough time for reviews or tests.
– When enough information is enough and how to minimize the “marketing speak” for better results.
BWI Director, commentator, and columnist, Alan Jones, lead the webinar based on long-term experience of reviewing and writing about boats, new products, and the boating and fishing lifestyles.
Conduct Successful News Events & Better