Skip to content
BWI Membership Benefits
- Receive the BWI Journal, published online nine times a year, keeps you advised of important goings-on with BWI and its members, leading marine companies and the industry as a whole.
- Receive the first two entries to the Annual Writing Contest free ($50 value so you cover your dues with two entries.) Free entries require membership in year of publication and award year.
- Are eligible to be selected to judge new product innovations with expenses covered.
- Receive regular communications and networking opportunities with hundreds of industry colleagues.
- May maintain an online profile at bwi.org in an annual directory where people go to find writers and communication firms.
- Receive access to BWI’s LinkedIn pages with helpful discussions, tips and jobs listings.
- Are eligible for early sign-ups to BWI’s webinars on craft improvement and managing a business.
- Receive an invitation to BWI meetings and breakfasts at the Miami & Ft. Lauderdale boat shows.
- Receive a personalized press card for active members free & easy access to boat shows.
- And more…
- Receive online company listing with logo detailing products and services, the primary media contact, and company website.
- Receive high priority for your news in the BWI Journal and on the website.
- May use the BWI logo for promotional materials.
- Receive the BWI newsletter, to keep up-to-date on media, industry and association issues and news.
- Are invited to join BWI’s LinkedIn Group, enabling commentary on the issues important to journalists.
- Are invited to participate in BWI’s webinars, ranging from employing social media, writing for the web, getting the best return from news conferences and more to help enhance business.
- Are invited to networking opportunities with all BWI members, including the industry’s top journalists, marketing firms and manufacturers.
- Receive an advanced opportunity to be sponsors of the BWI Writing Contest, which rewards journalists and serves to improve the entire marine communications process.
- Are eligible to serve on panels or forums as newsmakers.
- Click here for a flyer reflecting Supporter benefits.