Welcome to Boating Writers International
BWI is a professional organization consisting of writers, editors, publishers, photographers, videographers, broadcasters, public relations specialists and other stakeholders associated with the boating industry.
Memberships are offered in two categories:
- Active marine journalists across the United States, Canada, and Europe
- Supporting members, including marine manufacturers and service companies
BWI is Best Known For
- The BWI Annual Contest, held in December, which features 15 writing and electronic media submission categories resulting in $15,000 in awards.
- Miami boat show Contest breakfast and Ft. Lauderdale boat show Technology breakfast – both free to all members.
- Communications efforts, including monthly newsletters, a resource-rich website, annually updated member directory and engaging social media focused on member issues and news.
- Partnerships with leading marine manufacturer associations to recognize innovations in the marine industry where BWI members serve as judges.