Welcome to Boating Writers International
BWI is a professional organization consisting of writers, editors, publishers, photographers, videographers, broadcasters, public relations specialists and other stakeholders associated with the boating industry.
Memberships are offered in three categories:
- Active marine journalists across the United States, Canada and Europe
- Associate members in public relations roles
- Supporting members including marine manufacturers and service companies
BWI is Best Known For
- The BWI Annual Contest, held in December, which features 15 writing and electronic media submission categories resulting in $15,000 in awards.
- Exceptional networking opportunities in the recreational boating industry during the Fort Lauderdale and Miami boat shows.
- Communications efforts, including monthly newsletters, a resource-rich website, annually updated member directory and engaging social media focused on member issues and news.
- Partnerships with leading marine manufacturer associations to recognize innovations in the marine industry where BWI members serve as judges.