BWI members have elected two new Directors and re-elected another and its Board elected three Officers. The new Directors, who serve three-year terms, are Chris Woodward, Editor of Sport Fishing Magazine and Charlie Levine, Editor & Publisher of FishTrack.com and Buoyweather.com. Re-elected a Director was Michael Sciulla, a Soundings Trade Only columnist and communications strategist.
Officers elected to one-year terms are Dominion Marine Media Senior Editor Lenny Rudow, President; Director of Communications for West Marine Lindsey Johnson, 1st Vice President; and Writer & Videographer Alan Jones, 2nd Vice President.
– Rudow has been a writer and editor in the marine field and fishing journalist for over two decades, authored six books, gained numerous BWI writing awards and previously served BWI as a Director and 1st Vice President.
– Johnson is a long-time member of BWI, has served as chair of the BWI Writing Contest Committee for nine years and as 2nd Vice President. Before joining West Marine recently, she was Editor of Lakeland Boating Magazine.
– Jones is a full-time writer and editor for Boating World Magazine and contributing editor for Sea Magazine.
– Levine has covered recreational boating and fishing as an editor, freelance writer and most recently, an online publisher. A lifelong love of fishing led to editorial posts at The Fisherman, Sport Fishing and a 10-year stint as Senior Editor of Marlin Magazine.
– Woodward joined the Sport Fishing magazine team as Editor in 2001, after stints as a newspaper and online journalist. She has served on a Georgia boating advisory panel and advisory panel chair for the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council.
Continuing as Directors are: Immediate Past President Alan Wendt, a freelance writer and communication agency executive; Zuzana Prochazka, editor of Talk of the Dock and freelance writer for a number of boating magazines and online venues; and Michael Vatalaro, Executive Editor of BoatU.S. Magazine including the Practical Boater section and annual Trailering Guide. BWI Executive Director Greg Proteau serves as secretary/treasurer of the board.